Expected Start Date:
July/August 2019 – it is anticipated that the apprenticeship will take 18 month.
Salary will be £9,819 during the apprenticeship with percentage increase following successful completion. Working hours for this position are detailed below, however flexibility is important and some overtime may be required depending on age.
Monday – Thursday: 7.45am – 4.30pm, Friday: 7.45am – 2.10pm.
Throughout your apprenticeship, skills will be developed to meet the following key responsibilities:
- Set up, maintain and improve commercial supplier relationships and supplier performance, lowering cost of supply for all indirect goods / services
- Negotiate with existing suppliers to achieve best cost
- Assist with monitoring the spend on indirect budget and implement cost reduction activities
- Perform data analysis and issue reports on supplier performance to ensure suppliers meet and maintain expected performance levels
- Deliver cost down and cost avoidance initiatives in support of company cost recovery targets
- Generate and manage Requests for Quotation and tender analysis
- Assist functional departments in management of indirect spend i.e. maintenance, consumables via contract management and review process.
Ideally, you should possess the ability to work safely, efficiently and accurately to prioritise workload, be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative. A good attitude with the ability to be flexible to challenges and changing circumstances is essential. You should have excellent communication, relationship building and inter-personal skills. You will ideally be wanting to have a career in Purchasing and willing to work towards the qualification CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply) on completion of your apprenticeship. You will be confident working in a fast paced manufacturing environment with strong negotiation skills, attention to detail and a strong problem solving ability, particularly when working under pressure. PC literate with experience using Microsoft office and demonstrable excel skills to analyse data and present information to various levels within the business. You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE grades (9 – 4 or A – C) including maths and English.
Send your CV and covering letter detailing why you would like an apprenticeship, your predicted and/or achieved grades, details of any work experience/ part time jobs you have had and any other information you feel is relevant to your application to UPUK.Recruitment@unipres.com
Enter – Business Admin Apprentice in the ‘Subject’ line.
Or post to: Maureen Askew, Unipres (UK) Limited, Human Resources, Cherry Blossom Way, Sunderland, SR5 3NT.