Unipres (UK) Limited requires an Accounts Apprentice to join the finance team. This role will involve sales ledger, purchase ledger, reconciliations and management accounts. Day release will be agreed to support the candidate to achieve their AAT L2 progressing onto L3 Diploma in Accounting.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an organisation using the most up to date technology in the industry and receive a top class education whilst earning. The role is 39 hours per week with a starting salary of £9,819 (depending upon L2 or L3 and experience) on a progressive salary structure. This position pays above the national minimum wage for apprentices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sales ledger and purchase ledger duties
- Contacting customers, to ensure invoices are clear for payment and developing good customer relationships
- Resolving queries both externally and internally with outstanding invoices
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to the accounting system
- Aged debt and turnover reports
- Manage credit & returns
- Reconciliation of high volume transactions
- Fixed assets analysis and reporting
- VAT returns & Intrastat reporting
- Management accounts preparation
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
To be successful you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts
- Confident with Excel and Word and quick to learn other systems – will need to have the ability to navigate around accounting systems
- Ability to develop good customer/colleague relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Calm and confident disposition to be able to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations.
To be eligible to apply you must have a minimum of 5 GCSE grades A – C (Level 4 or above). Two of which should be Maths (Grade A) and English (Grade B).
CV and covering letters can be submitted by email to email@example.com
Enter – Finance/Accounts Apprentice in the ‘Subject’ line.
Or post to: Helen Robson, HR Department, Unipres (UK) Limited, Cherry Blossom Way, Sunderland, SR5 3NT.
Applications must be received by 5th July 2019.