The HR department require an Administrator to cover maternity leave. The role is initially required for 12 months from the beginning of January 2019, however, there is potential that this could be extended.
Between £25,401 – £28,223 per annum depending upon experience.
(Monday – Thursday: 7.45am – 4.30pm, Friday: 7.45am – 2.10pm)
- To drive and deliver absence using a proactive approach through the line managers via effective use of absence management processes and occupational health. Analysis of absence data to ensure continuous improvement
- Provide support and guidance to line managers on all performance management issues and employee relations activities including grievances, discipline and absence issues
- Work with department heads and line managers to drive improvements and consistency in employee relations issues
- Handle high level employee issues such as disciplinary dismissal and dismissal for capability under the absence procedure and produce the relevant correspondence
- Liaise with Company solicitors to ensure compliance with UK legislation and risk avoidance for employee issues
- Work with Trade Union representatives where required
- Support management in identifying HR training needs and provide this training and guidance where required
- Provide HR metrics and analysis in relation to employee headcount, attendance, annual reviews and employee relations
- Development of and adherence to HR policies and procedures
- Implement and maintain HR systems (SAGE, Promark Time and Attendance), ensuring accuracy of data and full utilisation of data captures to trend and forecast. In addition to input, capture and checking of standards of data in personnel files ensuring compliance with GDPR at all times
- Deal with employee and customer queries and general department administration
- Maintain current knowledge of HR & development, industry trends through networks with colleagues and other external sources. Ensure personal knowledge and awareness of employment law and forthcoming changes in legislation
- Support and train the department apprentices and ensure deadlines are met and quality of work is to standard to meet NVQ requirements
- Liaise with Unipres Training Academy with regard to recruitment of new apprentices
- Liaise with Payroll on changes to employee status or UK legislation
Any other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the role. The above list of accountabilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake duties as may be reasonably expected. All employees are required to be flexible and co-operative in order to assist in meeting business needs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- CIPD Level 5 or higher or equivalent HR qualification
- Experience in a similar position is essential, experience within a manufacturing environment would be desirable
- Confident with IT systems and software – Microsoft Word, Excel, HR and Payroll systems, experience of Time & Attendance systems would be advantageous
- Proven ability to deliver sound, consistent advice in line with best practice and best fit for the organisation
- Proven influencing and persuasion skills
- Experience of challenging or difficult situations.
You should possess the ability to work safely, efficiently and accurately to prioritise workload, be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative. You should have enthusiasm for delivering a positive and efficient service to employees and a strong drive for results.
A strong team player with a good attitude and a flexible approach to challenges and changes is essential.
All applications are to be submitted to Emily Charlton – HR.
CV and covering letters can be submitted by email to UPUK.Recruitment@unipres.com
Enter – HR Administrator Maternity Cover – in the ‘Subject’ line
or post to: Unipres (UK) Limited, Human Resources, Cherry Blossom Way, Sunderland, SR5 3NT.