As a Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician, you would be responsible for responding to technical issues affecting production & maintaining electrical and mechanical services, equipment & machinery.
Up to £28,223.00 depending upon experience.
This role is based on a 3-shift pattern, which adds 22% shift allowance to the basic salary. Overtime is also paid at a competitive rate.
- Provide immediate support in the event of breakdowns.
- Proactively work to reduce machine downtime.
- Setting of equipment to meet weekly production requirements.
- Isolation and de-isolation of equipment in accordance with company’s procedures to allow machinery to be worked upon safely.
- Servicing & maintenance of electrical & mechanical equipment & services in accordance with current regulations
- Experience of working and interrogating PLC systems (Mitsubishi, Omron, Siemens currently used on site)
- Execute Planned Preventative Maintenance and provide feedback to develop system
- Work and liaise with a range of internal departments and external suppliers
- Confirm work done into Maintenance Management System (FMDR) complete with technical feedback
- Where necessary provide input into CapEx feasibility studies
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, environment and quality management systems
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
- Liaise with stores to identify relevant and correct stock items, ensuring all spare parts etc. are booked out in the correct manner.
- Work within 5S methodology to maintain the workplace to a high standard
- Applicants should possess the ability to work efficiently and accurately, to prioritise workload, be self-motivated, and work on your own initiative with a clear focus on quality.
- Prioritise workload with the relevant Supervisor.
- A good attitude, flexible to challenges and possible changes are essential. Also must be prepared to work shifts and overtime.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in the relevant discipline
- Level 3 Engineering qualification is essential.
All applications are to be marked FAO Emily Charlton – HR.
CV and covering letters can be submitted by email to UPUK.Recruitment@unipres.com
Enter – ASSEMBLY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – BIRMINGHAM in the ‘Subject’ line
Or post to: Unipres (UK) Limited, Human Resources, Cherry Blossom Way, Sunderland, SR5 3NT.