To contribute to the production operations, producing steel components to car makers.
Day Shift: £8.25 per hour (o/t rate – £12.37) Late Shift – £9.00 per hour (o/t rate – £13.12)
Night Shift: £9.75 per hour (o/t rate – £13.87).
As Manufacturing Operative your responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Shift Team Leader
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisation safety requirements
- Effectively preparing, controlling and contributing to manufacturing operations
- Following kaizen methods for continuous improvement
- Applying 5S techniques to maintain an organised environment
- Ensuring effective handover of manufacturing operations
- Recording and reporting inspection findings.
Duties can include:
- Producing shaped products
- Producing products by assembly or processing operations
- Use of spot and robot welders to assembly automotive components
- Quality checking to ensure compliant with company standards
- Ensuring your work station is clean and efficient.
- Good team working skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of standard operation procedures and following written instructions
- Good dexterity (hand skills)
- Good attention to detail
- Experience of working to challenging targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attitude and commitment
- Understanding of health and safety measures
- Good level of literacy and numeracy*
*No formal qualifications are required, but basic levels of English and maths are necessary.
All applications are to be marked FAO Unipres Partner Agency.
Enter – Production Operative – Agency in the ‘Subject’ line
or post to: Unipres (UK) Limited, Human Resources, Cherry Blossom Way, Sunderland, SR5 3NT.
PLEASE NOTE – all applicants must be over 18 due to requirements of shift work.