To contribute to the production operations, producing steel components to car makers.
Day Shift: £8.25 per hour (o/t rate – £12.37) Late Shift – £9.00 per hour (o/t rate – £13.12)
Night Shift: £9.75 per hour (o/t rate – £13.87).
As Manufacturing Operative your responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Shift Team Leader
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisation safety requirements
- Effectively preparing, controlling and contributing to manufacturing operations
- Following kaizen methods for continuous improvement
- Applying 5S techniques to maintain an organised environment
- Ensuring effective handover of manufacturing operations
- Recording and reporting inspection findings.
Duties can include:
- Producing shaped products
- Producing products by assembly or processing operations
- Use of spot and robot welders to assembly automotive components
- Quality checking to ensure compliant with company standards
- Ensuring your work station is clean and efficient.
- Good team working skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of standard operation procedures and following written instructions
- Good dexterity (hand skills)
- Good attention to detail
- Experience of working to challenging targets
- Excellent communication skills
- Good attitude and commitment
- Understanding of health and safety measures
- Good level of literacy and numeracy*
*No formal qualifications are required, but basic levels of English and maths are necessary.
All applications are to be marked FAO Unipres Partner Agency.
CV and covering letters can be submitted by email to CV@pinpoint.co.uk
Enter – Production Operative – Agency in the ‘Subject’ line
or post to: Unipres (UK) Limited, Human Resources, Cherry Blossom Way, Sunderland, SR5 3NT.
PLEASE NOTE – all applicants must be over 18 due to requirements of shift work.